In the old days, this barrio used to be called Callejon, meaning a small road. This was the road that people used when going to Padre Garcia and San Jose. The name was later changed to Tulay na Patpat (wooden bridge). According to folklore, a Spanish soldier asked a native where he was going. The native not understanding Spanish, he thought he was being asked the name of the bridge. The barrio’s original settlers were the Hernandez, Macaraig and Arellano families. During the Spanish regime, the Guardia Civil also set up a concentration camp in the barrio to separate barrio folks from the brigands. In World War II, evacuees from other towns fled to Tulay to ride out the Japanese occupation.
Tulay na Patpat is situated at approximately 13.8451, 121.1520, in the island of Luzon. Elevation at these coordinates is estimated at 156.2 meters or 512.5 feet above mean sea level.