Barrio Quilo used to be called Molino, the name having been given because of a sugar mill in the area. The mill was destroyed by a typhoon in 1926. Its present name Quilo was supposed to have been because of a crooked path in the barrio that people used to get around a crooked tree. The barrio’s earliest settlers were the Perez, Magnaye, Purino, Arceo, Atienza and Soriano families. During the Japanese occupation, inhabitants of the barrio were used as slave labor by the soldiers of the Japanese Imperial Army to dig tunnels.